Congratulations to the newly inaugurated President, Joe Biden! Part of Biden’s proposed climate action plan includes using a carbon market to support regenerative farming. According to the article below, here are five things to know about what Biden’s plan for a carbon market means for farmers:
- Regenerative agriculture requires changing the way farmers operate.
- The practice has big potential for fighting climate change.
- Carbon markets are one way to pay farmers for the carbon they sequester.
- Farmers and experts have concerns about fairness and logistics.
- Experts say carbon markets shouldn’t be abandoned.
Read more here.